Do I have to take the course right now?
No, you can take this course whenever you want. You get lifetime access.
Should I buy this course if my book won't be published for another year?
Yes, yes, yes, absolutely. Ideally, book marketing should start 6 months BEFORE you publish your book.
Is this course for fiction or nonfiction?
Both! And when marketing strategies differ, I spend time talking about how you would market for each of them.
Is this for indie authors or for traditionally published authors?
I created the course with both in mind. And when marketing strategies differ, I talk about what each type of author should do.
Is this useful if my book came out a while ago?
Yes, I include lots of ways to promote your book after it's published.
Learn how to accomplish the 4 pillars of book marketing
Check off accomplished book marketing tasks on your master calendar
What to do before publication, during your launch week, and after your book is published
Learn how to create a website, a book trailer, and a book cover that SELLS BOOKS.
How to maximize the three types of reviews: pre-pub, media, and reader reviews
How to troubleshoot your book if it's not selling (yes, you can reverse the trend).
Learn what NOT to do -- I'll help you avoid the common mistakes so many beginning authors make.
“This course helped me immensely with strategies to promote my newly released book, 'The Legacy of Leadership.' John has a talent for simplifying difficult concepts into easy-to-act-on steps. I give the course five stars, and would recommend you buy it now.”
“One month after taking this course, my sales tripled. I got so many ideas on how to market my novel from this course. The PDFs are top notch, and I had a lot of fun taking the quizzes. For anyone serious about selling their book, this is a must.”
“I didn't know much about book marketing before this course, but John has made me feel like an expert. Now I feel like I'm in control of my book, and it's finding readers for the first time. Thank you for all your help, John -- I'm going to use all these ideas for my next book, too!”
- 1. Getting Pumped for Book Promotion
- 1. Got the Basics Down?
- 1. Brief survey before we begin...
- 2. Find Your Audience
- 2. Audience Quiz
- 2. Book Questionnaire PDF
- 2. Ideal Reader PDF
- 3. Craft Your Elevator Pitch
- 3. Elevator Pitch Quiz
- 3. Elevator Pitch PDF
- 4. Your Master Checklist of Book Marketing Tasks
- 4. Checklists & Calendars Quiz
- 4. Checklist PDF
- 4. Calendar PDF
- 5. Generate Your Literary Comrades List
- 5. Literary Comrades Quiz
- 5. Literary Comrades PDF
- 6. Five Quick Tips to Start Promoting Your Book
- 6. Quick Promo Quiz
- 6. Twitter Headers PDF
- 7. Never Make These 5 Book Marketing Mistakes
- 7. Marketing Mistakes Quiz
- 8. How to Score Great Blurbs
- 8. Blurbs Quiz
- 8. Blurb Request PDF
- 9. Create Your Author Persona
- 9. Author Persona Quiz
- 10. Master Your Book Cover in Twelve Steps
- 10. Test your Book Cover Knowledge, My Apprentice
- 10. Book Cover Designers PDF
- 11. Create a Dynamite Website
- 11. Answer these Three Website Questions to Become a Website Master
- 12. Twelve Items on a Great Author Website
- 12. Can you pass this website quiz?
- 12. Author Website PDF
- 13. Getting Reviews
- 13. Review Quiz
- 13. Pre-Pub Review PDF
- 14. Earn Those Media Reviews
- 14. Media Reviews Quiz
- 14. Media Review PDF
- 15. Five Ways to Get Reader Reviews
- 15. Reader Reviews Quiz
- 16. Designing Author Swag and Merchandise
- 16. Swag Quiz
- 17. Elevate Your Twitter Game
- 17. Twitter Quiz
- 17. Twitter PDF
- 18. Getting Pumped about Emails
- 18. Email Quiz
- 19. Quora, the best kept secret in book marketing
- 19. Quora Quiz
- 20. Supercharge Your Goodreads Presence
- 20. Goodreads Quiz
- 21. Do You Even Facebook, Bro?
- 21.Facebook Quiz
- 21. Facebook Promo Timeline PDF
- 22. Three Steps to Dominate Instagram
- 22. Instagram Quiz
- 22. Instagram Hashtags PDF
- 23. Get Thyself an Intern, Pronto!
- 23. Intern Quiz
- 23. Intern Projects PDF
- 24. Becoming Book Club Friendly
- 24. Book Club Quiz
- 25. Getting Pre-Orders - 3 Case Studies
- 25. Do you know how to get Pre-Orders?
- 26. Make Amazon Work For You
- 26. Do you know how to make Amazon work for you?
- 27. Should you hire a publicist?
- 27. Publicist Quiz
- 27. Marketability Score PDF
- 27. Freelance Publicists PDF
- 28. Book Trailer
- 28. Get Your Book Trailer ON ...
- 29. How to Successfully do 3 Types of Book Giveaways
- 29. Book Giveaway Quiz
- 29 Post Giveaway Message PDF
- 30. Marketing 30 Metrics- Are you selling books?
- 30. Metrics Quiz
- 31. How to Create a Book Event (with 8 examples)
- 31. Events, Events, Events!
- 32. Making Bookstores Beg for Your Book
- 32. Bookstore Event Quiz
- 32. Email to Bookstores PDF
- 33. Brilliant Readings - What to do Before, During and After
- 33. Bookstore Reading Quiz
- 34. How to do a Paid Party
- 34. Paid Party Quiz
- 35. Seven Steps for an Unforgettable Virtual Book Tour
- 35. Virtual book tour Quiz
- 35. Blog Tour Companies PDF
- 35. Email to Blogs & Podcasts PDF
- 36. Libraries: the most Overlooked Tool in Book Promo
- 36. Library Quiz
- 37. Fifteen Things to Do on Your Launch Day
- 37. Four Questions for Your Publication Day
- 38. Advertising- What works, what doesn't
- 38. Advertising Quiz
- 38. Ebook promo companies PDF
- 39. Your Ultimate Guide to Landing Spots on Radio & Podcasts
- 39. Radio/Podcast Quiz
- 40. Win an Award, Sell More Books
- 40. Ready to win awards?
- 40. List of Book Awards PDF
- 41. Use Blogging to Sell Books
- 41. Blogging Quiz
- 42. Marketing to Bow Ties and Classrooms
- 42. Academia quiz
- 43. Troubleshooting Your Campaign
- 43. Troubleshooting Questions
- 44. Marketing Beyond the Book
- 45. Three Tips as We Say Goodbye
- Survey: What did you think of the course?
John Matthew Foxjohnmattfox@gmail.com